We can plan for a legacy if and only if your retirement is a success, so lets make sure it will be!
Continue to care for and support your loved ones, even after you pass. With a comprehensive estate plan, you can ensure that your assets are handled according to your wishes, and not handled by individuals that may not have your best interests in mind.
Together with your estate planning team, we can help you understand the complexities of a will, choose powers of attorney and executors, and designate beneficiaries. We’ll also consider the tax implications of your estate plan, so your family receives the most benefit possible.
Contact us today and let’s talk about your estate planning options.
Why Estate Planning Is Important
Estate planning isn’t an exclusive activity for the ultra-wealthy. Simply put, it’s a plan for who will look after your children and what should happen to your assets, if something happens.
If you wish to ensure that you are in control of what happens to your estate, and if you want to guarantee that your estate is handled in accordance with your directives, then having an Estate Plan is paramount.
Without such a plan, the state, lawyers or individuals that don’t have your interests in mind could determine what happens to your Estate.
What We Can Do For You
Our Estate Planning service includes:
- Helping you understand the importance of a will: Your will should be the cornerstone of your estate plan. From a simple will to a Testamentary Will, or Joint Wills and Living Wills – we will help you navigate through the complexities so you won’t need to stress over what’s what!
- Creating Powers of Attorney (POA): Whether it’s to manage specific assets, like your investments, bank accounts or real estate holdings after your gone; or whether it’s meant to help others make health-care decisions in your best interest in case you are ill or incapacitated, you need to have a POA in place to ensure your wishes are followed.
- Choosing an Executor: The Executors of your Estate wield strong powers that determine how your Estate is finally dealt with upon your passing. We’ll help you understand the importance of choosing an executor (s) for your Estate, and what criteria you should consider when appointing someone to discharge this all-important role – especially if minor children/guardians are involved.
- Designating beneficiaries: If you don’t choose beneficiaries for your assets carefully (or not at all!), your estate assets might well end up in the hands of individuals that you never intended to benefit.
- Considerations for dependents' needs: A well-thought-out Estate Plan will ensure that all of the needs of your dependents (be they minors, adult children, siblings, persons with special needs or aging parents) are taken care of in accordance with your desires.
- Tax planning considerations: Without a well-thought-out Estate Plan, a considerable part of your estate could erode through taxes, fees and other levy’s, even before your designated beneficiaries see a cent!
Business Succession Planning
Every business owner eventually leaves their business, either by choice or by circumstance. With a succession plan in place, you can reduce the strain on your business, employees, and clients by easing the transition to new ownership.